DR. RAHA YOUSEFI
Dr. Raha Yousefi’s passion for dentistry and patient care started at a young age. Her father is a dentist who practiced in Washington, DC for 40 years. Growing up, she had the opportunity to see all aspects of a dental office; she started working at the front desk in high school, moving into clinical assisting, and eventually working as an office manager while attending the University of Maryland where she graduated with a bachelor’s degree. Dr. Yousefi continued her dental journey at Howard University, obtaining her Doctor of Dental Surgery. After graduation, she went on to specialize in periodontics at the University of Pittsburgh where she also earned her master’s in public health.
In addition to formal schooling, Dr. Yousefi is enthusiastic about pursuing continued education both on a local and national level. She feels that it is important to keep current with evolving technology, techniques, and materials to provide state-of-the-art treatment options for her patients.
As a member of the District of Columbia Dental Society and local chapters of the American Dental Association (ADA), Dr. Yousefi routinely participates in meetings that highlight issues that directly affect our area. She is also a member of the American Academy of Periodontology, the Greater Washington Academy of Women Dentists, and the Greater Washington Academy of Dental Studies. Her strong public health background has made her a well-rounded practitioner with expertise in a variety of dental disciplines. This has allowed her to recently accept a volunteer appointment as a Dean’s Faculty member at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry, teaching as a clinical instructor.
Dr. Yousefi loves getting to know the community, one patient at a time. She appreciates each of her patients for who they are and respects each person’s opinions and ideas. She knows that communication is key in her field, and she loves talking to and learning about her patients.
Having lived in the DC metro area her whole life, Dr. Yousefi absolutely loves the area. Along with her husband, Vince, Dr. Yousefi stays busy outside of work chasing around their four boys. Typically, you’ll see them enjoying the city at parks, festivals, and kid-friendly restaurants.
Dr. Roy Eskow
Dr. Roy Eskow is one of the most highly trained and accomplished periodontists in the Bethesda MD area. He focuses on gum disease treatment, implant dentistry, and compassionate dental care. He is a graduate of the University of Maryland where he earned his Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctor of Dental Surgery degrees. Dr. Eskow went on to Boston University School of Graduate Dentistry where he received his Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS) in Periodontics.
Dr. Eskow returned to the Bethesda area to teach at the University of Maryland Dental School in the Department of Periodontology. He has remained on the staff of the University since 1976, serving in several roles as an Assistant Clinical Professor, and member of the Dean’s Faculty and Board of Visitors.
Dr. Eskow founded the Bethesda Dental Implant Center in 1986. For nearly 30 years, his private practice has been devoted to providing patients with exceptional care and personal attention in the greater Washington area. Patients with gum disease and/or missing teeth often have a fear of the dentist. Dr. Eskow is able to make patients feel instantly at ease and explain their treatment options in a way that is easy to understand so that they can make informed decisions about their dental health.
HONOR & AWARDS
University of Maryland School of Dentistry
Distinguished Alumnus of the Year 2012
1997, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2017, 2019
Washington Consumers’ Checkbook
“Outstanding Dental Specialists”
2005, 2008, 2012, 2016
The Top Dentists: Periodontists- other leading vote getters
- American Dental Association (Life Member)
- Maryland State Dental Association
- Southern Maryland Dental Society (served on Peer Review Committee)
- District of Columbia Dental Society
- Alpha Omega Dental Society (served as DC Alumni Chapter President)
- Maimonides Dental Society (served as President, currently Board Member Emeritus)
- University of Maryland College Park Alumni Association (Life Member)
- The Alumni Association of the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Dental School, University of Maryland, Inc. (Life Member) (served as VP; Bd of Trustees 2006-2009)
- University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Board of Visitors (Oct 2010-Present)
- Potomac Valley Dental Study Club (served as President)
- Metropolitan Washington Dental Implant Society
- Northern Virginia Dental Implant Society
- American Academy of Periodontology (Life Member)
- Academy of Osseo-Integration
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Boston University Alumni Association
- Boston University Goldman School of Graduate Dentistry, Alumni Association
- American Academy of Oral Medicine (Academic Fellow)
- American College of Dentistry (elected 2006)
PUBLIC SPEAKING & PUBLICATIONS
- Extensive lecturing to local study groups and public consumer organizations
- Contributor and guest editor to various scientific journals
- Contributing Author: Implant Overdentures Textbook (pub date 2006)