If you are missing all of your teeth in the upper or lower dental arch, chances are that you are seeking a dependable solution to restore your smile’s function and appearance. While dentures are well-known and enjoyed by many patients, maybe you’re looking for something more long-term and natural-looking. If that’s the case, All-On-X dental implants could be the perfect solution for you!
If you are interested in this treatment, we invite you to read on to learn more about All-On-X dental implants and how they can change your life! Call our Bethesda, MD office if you have any questions.
What are All-On-X Dental Implants?
All-On-X dental implants are a type of dental implant system that is used to support a full arch of missing or failing teeth. Similar to the traditional implant, the full arch prosthetic is supported by titanium posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone. All-On-X implants can be used in both the upper and lower dental arch, and they can be an excellent solution for patients who are missing all of their teeth.
This system gets its name from its ability to support an entire arch of teeth on just a few implants—as few as four, in fact! This makes the All-On-X system ideal for patients who have a limited amount of bone density in their jaw. The system is a good option for patients who want to avoid the need for a sinus lift or guided bone regeneration, which is often required when placing traditional implants in the upper or lower arch. By strategically placing each titanium post, our surgeons can avoid the sinus cavity or any areas of compromised bone support, making All-On-X a more efficient and minimally invasive option
Benefits of All-On-X Dental Implants
- One of the benefits of choosing All-On-X implants is that the treatment can be completed in just one surgical appointment. Once the titanium posts are placed, we will immediately attach a full-arch prosthetic. This means that you won’t have to wait months for new teeth—you can leave our office with a brand-new smile!
- In addition, All-On-X implants are a very strong and stable option. The titanium posts will fuse to your jawbone over time, creating a strong foundation for your new teeth. This can give you the confidence to eat the foods you love and to speak with ease.
- Another great benefit of All-On-X implants is that they can help preserve your jawbone. When you lose teeth, the bone that once supported those teeth begins to deteriorate. This can cause your facial features to change and can lead to further tooth loss. However, because All-On-X implants replace the roots of your teeth, they can help to preserve the bone in your jaw. This can help you maintain a youthful appearance while preventing premature aging.
Are You a Candidate for All-On-X Dental Implants?
The best way to determine if you are a candidate for All-On-X implants is to come in for a consultation with our experienced implant dentists. During your consultation, we will thoroughly examine your mouth and jaw to make sure that you have enough bone density to support the titanium posts. Since we are only placing a few implants to support the prosthetic, there is a great chance that we can find sufficient bone to place the implants. We will also review your medical history to make sure that you are in good overall health.
It’s important to note that All-On-X implants are not right for everyone. In some cases, patients may require a traditional implant or a different type of dental restoration. Our team will work with you to determine the best possible treatment plan to meet your specific needs and goals.
What to Expect During & After the Dental Implant Procedure
The All-On-X dental implant procedure is a minimally invasive way to replace missing teeth. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia, and usually takes less than two hours.
- During the procedure, the implant dentist will make small incisions in the gums and place the implants into the jawbone.
- Once the implants are in place, the gums will be stitched up, and a temporary dental prosthesis will be attached.
- In a few months, once the implants have healed and fused to the jawbone, the patient will come back in for a final appointment.
- During this appointment, the temporary prosthesis will be removed and replaced with a permanent one. The permanent prosthetic will perfectly complement the specific patient in tooth size, color, and shape.
After the All-On-X dental implant procedure, patients can expect to experience some mild swelling and bruising. These side effects will resolve within a few days. It’s important to take it easy for the first few days after the procedure and to eat soft foods. Patients will be given specific instructions on how to care for their implants and will be asked to return for follow-up appointments.
How much do All-On-X dental implants cost?
The cost of All-On-X dental implants varies depending on the specific case. The best way to get an accurate estimate is to come in for a consultation with our experienced implant dentists.
What is the success rate of All-On-X dental implants?
All-On-X dental implants have a success rate of 98%. Thanks to their minimally invasive placement and strong titanium posts, All-On-X implants are a very successful way to replace missing teeth.
Is the procedure painful?
No. An anesthetic is used to numb the area, so patients should not feel any pain during the surgery. There may be some mild discomfort after the procedure, but this can be easily managed with over-the-counter pain medication.